In this guide, we will be creating a simple web-based chat application with PHP and jQuery. This sort of utility is perfect for a live support system for the site.
This guide ended up being updated recently to create improvements within the chat app.
Step 1 HTML Markup
We shall start this tutorial by creating our file that is first index.php.
- We start the usual DOCTYPE to our HTML, html, mind, and body tags. Into the mind label, we add https://www.datingmentor.org/canada-inmate-dating our title and link to our CSS stylesheet (style.css).
- Inside the physical body label, we structure our layout inside the #wrapper div. We will have three main obstructs a menu that is simple our chatbox, and our message input, each featuring its respective div and id.
- The #menu div shall contain two paragraph elements. The initial is a welcome towards the individual and will be regarding the left, and the second shall be an exit website link and will also be in the right. We have been making use of flexbox as opposed to floating elements for the design.
- The #chatbox div shall include our chatlog. We’ll load our log from a file that is external jQuery’s ajax request.
- The very last item inside our #wrapper div will likely be our form, which will come with a text input for an individual message and a button that is submit.
- We add our scripts last so the web page shall load faster. Continuer la lecture de How exactly to Create a Simple Web Based Chat Application